2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Sunday, March 31, 2013

Hey Chick

Happy Easter/Resurrection Day.  I hope y'all have had a wonderful day.  We had a great day celebrating the resurrection of our Lord Jesus.

I have a few cards for y'all today.  I am going to post them all in this one post so as I can get done posting and go watch the final installment of The Bible on the History Channel.  If you haven't been watching, you've missed a great series.

My first card uses a very cute image from Digi Darla.  I used my BIC Markers to color in this sweetie..


After printing out and coloring the image, I used my nestabilities to cut out the image and the scalloped mat.  I also cut a sentiment circle and mat.  I used Turquoise card stock from Recollections as my base and the mats.  The DP is from DCWV and I used the flowered DP to make the three roses uses my Sizzix rose die.  I also used a small 5 petal flower punch from EK Success for the base of the roses.  I added some Turquoise polka dot ribbon from my stash as an accent.  I hand wrote the sentiment.  I adhered my image using pop dots.

Challenges:
Card Mania --#17  Sketch
Southern Girls--For the Kids
Daring Cardmakers--Springing into Spring
Simply Create Too--#34 Animals
Pink Gem--#73 Make It Cute


My 2nd card uses an image from Avadare and I also colored it with BIC Markers.  I printed out the image on Neenah Super Smooth White card stock.


I used the sentiment from Word Art Wednesday for this week.  I began this card with a 6" square Purple base from Colorbok.  I used Old Olive (SU) as my mats.  The DP is DCWV.  I followed a sketch from Friday Sketch Challenge to complete this card.  For the finishing touch, I used some circle bling from Jolee's.  

Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday--Isaiah 55:8
Friday's Sketch--#40


Card #3 uses the progressive freebie image from Imagine That.  It was very easy to add color to this one because it focuses on the sentiment not the images.

I used my BIC Markers to color in the flowers and the butterfly.  I also used a Glitter gel pen to highlight the swirls.  This is a 5x7" card in order to fit all the elements.   I used a premade base for the card.  I used Recollections Yellow as my mats for the DP which is from DCWV.  I added some Orange Gems from Queen and Co to add some bling.

Challenges:
Imagine That--Progressive Freebie #3
One Stop Craft--#222 Easter
Stamping with Dragon--Easter
2 Sisters--Sparkle and Shine

Thanks for stopping by today.  I truly appreciate all the comments that y'all are leaving for me.  Stay tuned tomorrow for the winner of my give away.  God bless  y'all.

21 comments:

  1. Hi Em! Wow, look at you today - these are all awesome!! Cute to beautiful. Hope you had a wonderful day, Happy Easter to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Cute image and lovely design. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenge. Hope to see you again for the next challenge.

    DT. member
    Evie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice cards... love that cute li'l chick in the cup :) And what a great job with my Easter Frame digi! Thanks so much for playing along again at Imagine That! Digis by Kris™

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Em. Love the combination of Sara Dawn's cross and WAW sentiment. Definitely a great paring.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards. I really love that little chick in the tea cup.
    Hugs Malin

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab card thanks for sharing with us at 2 sisters this week good luck with the challenge Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards, love the chick
    http://janetscraftycreations.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/nieces-birthday-cards.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely darling, Em. You are SO creative, and I'm grateful to have you share of your time and talents by playing along with us. Hope you had a blessed Easter, and have a great week in the Lord!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    P.S. The challenge this month at V's Sweet Ideas (www.vssweetideas.blogspot.com) is Anything Goes, and we would LOVE to have you share with us there as well. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, lovely colouring, thanks for joining us at Friday Sketch Challenge this week.
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  10. All three cards are beauties! I love the little chick you done a fantastic job with that one. Good luck with all the challenges

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Hey Chick card is so cute! You have been busy creating.

    Thank you for playing along with our 'The Kids are Alright' challenge.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Southern Girls DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of these cards are beautiful! I would love to find that chickadee and the oval with the butterfly and flowers. You color so beautifully.. and OH before I forget that one with al the roses -- I have that set and my roses do not come out that way. What are you doing girl? Those are just so beautiful! You have so much talent!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful cards :) thanks for taking part in the DCM challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful selection of cards.
    Thank you for entering your cute chick card into A Gem of a Challenge
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for joining us at Red Carpet Studio, A very cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. cute, cute and CUTE!!! :) Thanks for playing along with RCS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cards are amazing! So different and yet beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges and I'd love to see you again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards you made!
    Thank you for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenge with Easter challenge!
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cards are great! I love your coloring and the layouts. Thanks for the inspiration. By the way, I have some blog candy on my blog if you would like to enter:
    http://yolieville.blogspot.com/2013/03/blog-candy.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. love love love your cards! So beautiful! Thank you for playing with Red Carpet Studio! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.