2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Friday, March 8, 2013

Bombshell

Well, it's great to "see" y'all here at Em's Thoughts.  I truly am so grateful to y'all for keeping tabs on me and leaving such wonderful comments.  I love reading each and every one.

The card I have for you this time features a Kenny K image.  Yep, I do believe he is quickly becoming one of my favorites.  I used this one before, but changed her up quite a bit for this card.


I used black and white for this image.  I'm not good with black hair  yet or she would have had it.  So, she has to suffer with being a brunette.  I used my BIC markers to add the color to this image after printing her off on Neenah card stock.  I used black and gray to get the color of her dress.  I added a bit of white gel pen for highlights.  I like using the white pen to give highlights but sometimes it's just a bit too bright.  I found out that if you take your colorless blender and run lightly over the line made by the gel pen that it lightens it without removing it.  One of the challenges I am entering this card in is for distressing.  So, I took the image, tore the edges and inked it heavily with DI Vintage Photo.

I made the card base from SU Basic Black and it measures 6" square.  The back ground paper I made myself by inking up the D'vine Swirls embossing folder with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and running it through my Cuttlebug.  It gives it a Letterpress pattern.  Thank God for youtube.  I learn alot by spending hours on there.  :)  The DP is from DCWV.  

Adding some white pearls, flowers from Petaloo and some black lace finished off the card.  I didn't add a sentiment to this one because I wanted the sketch to show through as well as the focus be on the image.

Thanks for stopping by today/tonight.  Have a wonderful Friday.  God bless y'all.

Challenges:
I {heart} Sketches--#8
Love to Create--#55  Pick 2
Kenny K's--#133  Lace and Pearls
Muse --#7  

6 comments:

  1. Love that stamp! And she looks good as a brunette! LOL! :) Great card!

    Lauren
    http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch and love her hair brown! Thank you for joining us at Delightful Inspiration {from the heart}!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card.

    Thank you for joining in at Love to Create this week.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the black and white colour combo you have used and she certainly stands out :D
    Thank you for joining us at KennyK's Krafty Krew and good luck.

    Huge hugs

    Amy xx

    P.S. If you would like to go on a crafty weekend or a day break there are still spaces on the one I run yearly in October. For more information CLICK HERE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that image - she looks like she's having so much fun! Fabulous colouring...the way you've coloured her dress is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us this week at Kenny K's Krafty Krew for our "Pearls and Lace Challenge." Good luck and please join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.