2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Friday, March 29, 2013

Retro Sketches #56

Today is Good Friday.  My husband often asks me why it is considered "Good" Friday when Jesus died today.  That's why it's Good Friday.  If Jesus hadn't died for our sins today, we would be a lost and dying people.  It's a great day to rejoice and thank God for giving us the gift of His one and only Son.  Today is a day to remember the sacrifice of Jesus' life for ours.  Think about it..how many people would you be willing to die for?  Would you be willing to be beaten and abused until you were unrecognizable as a human?  Would you be willing to be crucified and hung there until you couldn't breathe anymore and died?  I love my husband and my daughter with all my heart, but I don't think I would be willing to endure what Jesus endured for us.  Just remember, those nails didn't keep him on that cross...Love did.

My card for this post features a cute little image from Bits and Bobs.  I used my BICs and a Sakura Glitter pen on this one.


I used Always Artichoke (SU) for the card base.  I then used three different DPs from Gina K's Wisteria Lane pack.  I like the new Designer papers that Gina has started making.  They are a little bit heavier than most of the DPs out there and they are very vibrant.  They come in 6x6 packs of 24. 

I also used a nice deep purple card stock (Colorbok) for the scalloped mat for my image and cut both out with my Nestabilities.  I picked three buttons from my stash and used white thread to "sew" them to the card.

Thanks for stopping in today.  God bless y'all.

Challenges:
Retro Sketches--#56

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.