2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Monday, March 18, 2013

Digi Darla Challenge #54 Easter/Spring

Good Morning friends.  I am here with a card for the Digi Darla DT for our newest challenge.  Our new challenge for this week is Easter/Spring.  That leaves alot open for interpretation.  I can't wait to see what our talented people create for us this week.

I used Digi Darla's Easter Egg Plant 3 for my card.  I colored it with my Chromatix and a Sakura Glitter Pen.


I began by printing off the image on Neenah card stock and coloring it in.  I made a base from Mint Green card stock from Gina K.  The DP is from DCWV.  I trimmed down the DP and adhered it to the front of the base.  I then used the largest scalloped Nestabilities I had and ran it through my Cuttlebug.  I then took a piece of glitter green card stock from DCWV and using the largest plain oval Nestabilities, I ran that through the Cuttlebug then through the Swiss Dot EF.  I adhered the glitter card stock to the inside of the front.  I centered my image, cutting out a bit of the bow and adhered it behind the glitter card stock.  Once I had everything in place, I added another panel of the plaid green to cover the messiness on the inside.   

I added some light green flourishes and pink flowers for accents.  The sentiment is actually on the inside.

Thanks for stopping by today and we look forward to your submissions this week at Digi Darla.



6 comments:

  1. So incredible... and I love your 3D window! Bright and cheery card! Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a sweet card - love the fresh spring green colors and the cutout window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fresh whole so, handsome made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Em. Just called in to say Hello and join but am already a member...gosh sorry must have forgotten, so many to see. Your card is super fresh and the image is beautiful...cheers, aNNIe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emily! Such a beautiful spring card! I'm happy to be one of your newest followers, and to share in tha happy news with you!
    hugs and blessings from Australia,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. I love that green plaid and the window. I am anxious to try one of those, one of these days. Great image choice coloured beautifully. Also like your flowers and flourishes.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.