2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Saturday, September 22, 2012

Day 94

Hello again.  I am showcasing the 94th card in my challenge today.  I can't believe it's almost over.  Crazy.  But, I have found something to do with the cards I have made.  A friend of mine visits nursing homes quite often and she has some children she knows make cards for the residence.  Well, I told her yesterday that I make handmade greeting cards and ask her if she would like some to take to the homes.  She was so excited and told me that would be a blessing.  So, I am going to gather some together and when I see her on Monday, she's going to get a box full. :)  It will be nice to know that something I made is going to bless someone else.

So today's card was made for the sketch challenge over on SCS.  It is a very simple card and was very easy to make.  I loved the sketch and think I may make up so boxed note cards using this sketch.


I used some Olive Green card stock and cut a 4 1/4" x 2" strip.  I then cut it so that one half would be bigger than the other.  I trimmed 1/4" off the larger piece to give a little space in between the two pieces.  I rounded the corners on one side of both pieces.  I did the DP the same way only it was 4" x 1 3/4".  I used my 2" scalloped punch and my 1 1/2" circle punch for the focal.  The flowers are from the Calypso Tin by Prima.  I glue dotted them onto the middle of the circle.  The stamp is from Fiskars and I used rhinestones as the tittles for the  i's.  Very simple and quick to make.  But, it ended up being quite pretty.

Thanks for stopping in today to see my card.  I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.  God bless.



Stamp: Fiskar's Friends Forever Quotes
Ink: Dew Drops Spanish Olive; DI Vintage Photo
CS: Very Vanilla-Stampin' Up; Olive Green--Colorbok
DP: DCWV
Embellishments: Flowers-Prima; Leaves-die cuts from a friend; Rhinestones-Queen and Co.
Adhesives: ATG; Glue Dots; Pop Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.