2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Friday, September 7, 2012

Day 69

Hey friends.  Have you guys noticed how fast summer went?  It seems to me that it just flew by.  I can't believe we are almost finished our second week of school already.  It seems the older I get, the faster time flies.  We are right around the corner from Halloween.  Our family doesn't go all our to decorate or celebrate Halloween in the traditional way like most people, but I love making Halloween cards.  I love all the little spooky characters and cute pumpkins.  I still remember the first Halloween costume that I got to pick our for myself.  I was about 6 years old and was crazy about Wonder Woman.  My grandmother took me to the store and I found a costume that was Wonder Woman.  Linda Carter was a beautiful woman.  I wanted to be her.  The costume was a plastic slip on suit with the hard plastic mask with eye holes, nose holes and a mouth hole.  Do you guys remember those??  Looking back on them I realize how cheesy they were, but I thought I was hot stuff in my Wonder Woman costume.

Today, we celebrate Halloween with a fun time at church that we call Light the Night.  All the kids come dressed in their costumes.  Our pastor's wife picks a different theme every year.  Last year was story book characters and Kierstynne picked out a cute little cat princess.  The year before it was food.  We found a cute cupcake costume for Kierstynne.  We play games, have a Bible story, and lots of snacks.  Most of the children at our church don't go trick or treating, so people in the church donate tons of candy.  The adults each have a bag of candy and are stationed around the church.  The kids come around to each adult and receive candy.  They keep going around until all the candy is gone.  They end up with a big bag of candy.  It's alot of fun for them and it's safe.    I do let Kierstynne go around to some of the houses here in our neighborhood because everyone knows each other and knew my husband when he was a kid.

So today's card is a Halloween card.  I used the sketch challenge over on the Outlawz and the color challenge on SCS.

Thanks for stopping in today and listening to me ramble about Halloween.  I pray you have a wonderful day and God bless you.



Stamp: Inkadinkadoo
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; DI Peeled Paint
CS: Chocolate Chip-Stampin' Up; Basic Grey-Colorbok; Gumball Green-Colorbok; White-GP 110#
DP; my stash
Embellishments: buttons-my stash
Adhesives: ATG; Pop Dots; Glue Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.