2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Friday, September 7, 2012

Day 74

Hello.  I am udderly excited to bring you this card today.  I grew up on a farm with my grandparents.  We always had lots of animals and crops.  I think I was probably around 10 before I ever realized you could by actual groceries in the store.  Weird right?  The only things I can remember my granny going to the store for were sugar, flour, Crisco, chips and soda.  We had everything else at our fingertips.  We milked the cows daily and once a year we butchered a cow for beef.  We had chickens for eggs and whenever we wanted chicken for dinner, we would go to the barn and get one.  Pigs, we had those too. I even raised a baby pig one year because it was the runt. We butchered one every fall and put it in the smokehouse.  There is nothing that smells better than a smokehouse.  It has a distinct smell and just smells good.  We grew all types of vegetables and worked the gardens daily.  I didn't even know you could buy veggies in a can..lol  Every morning before school I would get up around 5am, go milk, gather eggs, slop the hogs, and feed all the animals.  I could drive a tractor before I could drive a lawn mower.  It was a wonderful childhood with lots of great memories.

So, I decided to make a birthday card using one of my favorite barn yard animals.

Yep, that's right.  I love cows.  They are so cute.  This little stamp is so adorable.  I love the play on words.  I didn't want to do a lot to this card, so I used a die cut someone had sent me, split it in half and attatched half to each side of the matted image.  I used a pink BIC Marker to color in the cows nose and udders.  I used my white gel pen to add faux stitching around the red.

Thanks for stopping in today and learning about a part of my childhood.  I pray you have a blessed day.

Stamp: Inkadinkadoo
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black;DI Vintage Phots;  BIC Marker; Sakura White Gel Pen
CS: Black--Colorbox; Red--unknown; White-GP 110#
Adhesives: ATG; Pop Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.