2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Friday, September 7, 2012

Day 65

Howdy!  I might be alittle behind the times, but guess what I have found that I am in love with???  Digi Stamps..that's right, I'm entering the techno world.  LOL.  I love the feel of the ink, stamps, and the smell of actual rubber stamps.  I will never go totally digi, but I am really diggin' the digis.  I love how you can change the size to fit your project or combine two together.  I am not all that tech savy, but I can figure out some of it.  I have found alot of free ones online and I have used quite a few.  The one I used on today's project has to be one of my favorites.  There is nothing sexier to me that a rugged cowboy.  The fit of the jeans, the cowboy boots, a great Stetson...whew...I need a cold shower..lol   Being from the south, there are lots of cowboys and rednecks.  They are totally different just so you know..:)  Living here in PA, I miss seeing the cowboys walk through Wal-Mart.  It's something you definitely don't see up here.  So, without further ado, my cowboy....

I made this card for the Tuesday's Color Challenge over on the Outlawz.  If you haven't had a chance to go visit them, Colleen has set up a wonderful site.  It's full of challenges with some really great prizes.  I have won two monthly challenges so far.  Talk about shocking.  How cool is that, right?  So, back to the card...I used a striped distressed blue tone background paper.  I colored in my image with colored pencils and OMS.  This seems to be my favorite coloring medium.  I have alcohol pens, but I need to take a class or something..hehe  I matted the image and sentiment, that I printed out, on chocolate brown cs and dark teal cs.  I foam dotted the focal image up and added a cowboy hat that I found in my stash from a pad of HOTP paper.  I inked the edges in Vintage Photo DI and that finished off the card.

I hope you like this rugged cowboy as much as I do.  Thanks for stopping in and have a blessed day.


Stamp:  Free digi found online
Ink:  Inkjet printer; DI Vintage Photo
CS: Chocolate Chip by Stampin' Up; Dark Teal by Colorbok; Light Brown by Colorbok
DP: my stash
Embellishments: cowboy hat from HOTP
Adhesives: ATG; Pop Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.