2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Another New Challenge Blog

Yep, that's right.  I found another one.  I think I'm probably up to about 50 by now.  I think that's why I get so behind every week.

Over on Avadares, the challenge for this week is to make a Green or St. Patrick"s Day card.  I nailed this one.


Avadares gave us this digi to use for our cards this week.  I like this stamp.  Looking at the pictures on the shamrock, they remind me of the Trinity.  God, the Father (the swirly letter, which I think is an "F")  God, the Son (represented by the heart)  and God, the Holy Spirit (the dove).  I had fun coloring this bright image with my colored pencils and OMS.   I also used BIC Markers for some of the flowers.

I used SU Whisper White card stock for the base and printing off the image.  For those of you who use digis, how do you keep your ink from spreading into your image on some of the card stock?  I am having an issue with that.

The two shades of green are from Recollections and the DP is K and I.  I used three different inks on the front and the inside.  Memento Tuxedo black for the sentiment, Bamboo Leaves and Pear Tart for the sentiment inside.  I added some gems along side of the sentiment.  That pretty much finished up the card.

Thanks for stopping in.  I am down to my last card for this set of posts.  I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.  God bless.

Challenges:
Avadares--#8  St. Patrick's Day/Green

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Em, and I love your interpretation of the image. I am so glad you found us at Avadares Challenge Blog.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily your card is lovely, what a great job, thank you for joining us at Avadares Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Em. Hugs, Suze GDT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.