2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Wednesday, February 27, 2013

GDT Spot for Digital Stamps 4 Joy

Good Morning.  My name is Emily and I am posting as a guest designer for Digital Stamps 4 Joy for this challenge.  I have been doing some sort of craft since I was a child.  Painting ceramics, crocheting, woodworking.  I began scrapbooking about 10 years ago when I was pregnant with my daughter.  I tried my hand at card making about three years ago and I have been hooked ever since.  My photos are piling up just waiting to be scrapped, but I just can't find the time.

The card I made for the Birthday Challenges uses the DS4J stamp, Corset.  I printed off the image on Gina K Heavy Base Weight White card stock and used my BIC markers and AC Chromatix pens to add color to the image.  I then fussy cut the corset out and inked the edges with Distress Ink Vintage Photo.  


The card base is 5.5" x 5.5" and made from SU Basic Black card stock.  I added a fancy black and white swirled DP from American Crafts as the back ground.  The reverse side of the DP is the black and white polka dots.  I added a 1.5" red sheer ribbon around the card and tied the knot bow.  I used pop dots to adhere the "dress".  I printed the sentiment from my word processing program and matted in on a piece of black card stock.  To finish off the card, I added some red flat back pearls from Queen and Co.  to the corners.  

I am so honored to be showcased as the Guest Design Team Member this week.  Please stop over and check out all the talent at DS4J.  We would love to have you join in the current challenge: Birthdays.

3 comments:

  1. Emma, this is gorgeous and if you see the blog, I chose the same image as I just love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card - love your vibrant colouring of the corset.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Emily, thanks for visiting Crafting With Jack. Did you mean the progressive challenge at Cards by Lady Anne? www.cardsbyladyanne.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.