2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Thursday, February 7, 2013

4.25" Card

Howdy y'all.  I'm back with another post for today.  I am trying to get everything posted and linked up because I am going to Virginia tomorrow to visit my dad.  He isn't doing to well.   Back in October he had is knee replaced and had alot of problems with it healing.  While he was in rehab, he started bleeding internally and they couldn't figure out why.  After running some tests they found out his prostate is messed up and he had colon cancer.  Last week he went in for surgery for the colon cancer.  He came through that beautifully and the surgeon said she got it all and it hadn't spread.  Two days ago, he had a mini stroke which left his right arm pretty much useless.  I feel the urge to go and visit with him.  It's been over a year since I have seen him.  I don't want to put off a visit and then have to live with a load of guilt if anything were to happen to him.  So, my husband took tomorrow off and we are leaving in the morning to go for a visit.  Please keep my dad in your prayers.  He needs all of them he can get.

Now, on to the cards.  I made a cute one using an image that I found online for free.  I colored it teal with my colored pencils.  I added some glitter gel pen to the lace part of the bra.  I used a blue glitter gel pen to fill in the ribbon.  The sentiment is from Scrapalicious. 


I used a medium shade of blue from Colorbok for the card base.  I found two scraps of blue in my stash and matted them onto white card stock.  I cut out a scalloped circle with my Cuttlebug and Nestabilities and then ran it through the Swiss Dot EB.  I used pop dots to adhere the bra on top of the circle.  I finished the card and looked back at my list where I realized it was supposed to be a CAS card.  This isn't very simple although it's clean.  So, I made another card.

This is a CAS card.  I used a beautiful burgundy card base from Colorbok.  I printed out this Scripture from Doodle Pantry onto GP white card stock.  I matted it on light pink from Recollections.  I added a lacy circle die cut and wrapped a piece of pink satin ribbon around the front.  I added the sentiment with pop dots and this CAS card was finished.

I need to pay more attention to my list.  But, I have another card to add to my stash because of my mistake.

Thank you for stopping in today.  I hope y'all have a great day.  I am going to try and finish up the few challenges I have left on my list and get them uploaded before I leave.  If not, I won't be posting again until Monday, so you guys have a great weekend if I don't see ya before.  God bless.

Challenges:
The Outlawz Challenges--CAS 4.25" square
TTCRD--Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. Great cards, Em! The first one gave me a giggle, and I so love Laurie's beautiful scriptures. I'll be thinking of you this weekend, and pray that your visit with your dad goes well. Safe travels, my friend! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.