2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Saturday, February 16, 2013

Happy Birthday

Good Morning.  I am enlarging my text size for my mother.  She has a hard time seeing, but loves to look at my blog.  She can see the cards, but can't read the words, so I'm trying to help her out.  Thanks for being so understanding.

My card for this post is a birthday card.  It's another square card, which I seem to be kinda hooked on lately.


I have been told that the card stock you use when coloring with alcohol markers makes all the difference, but I wasn't so sure.  Well, let me tell ya..it's so very true.  I just received a pack of Neenah Super Smooth White card stock and I couldn't believe the difference it made.  My colors blended together so much smoother.  I think I may be set now.  Can you buy this card stock by the case??  It wasn't expensive either.  $3.95 for 25 sheets.  Very reasonable.  

I used a Broken Box Stock image for this card.  I colored it in with BIC Markers and Glitter Gel pens.  To make the card, I started with a Dark Blue card base from Gina K.  I added a Yellow panel from Recollections.  The DP is from Heidi Grace's One Sunny Day pack.  I matted the cake image on a piece of medium blue from Recollections and after adding a piece of blue Offray ribbon, I used pop dots to adhere the image to the front of the card.  Some gems from Queen and CO. finished it off.

Thanks so much for taking time out of your day to stop by my blog.  I truly appreciate it.  God bless y'all.

Challenges:
Broken Box Stock--#20 Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.