2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sunflowers

Hi y'all.  How is everyone?  It snowed here today.  We ended up with only about an inch and a half, but the way it was snowing, I thought we were in for a lot.  Thank goodness it was just a tiny bit.  I'm ready for some warmer weather.

I tried a new technique today.  I tried decoupage for the first time.  I used a beautiful pre-colored stamp from Fred Said Stamp.  I cut out all the pieces and put them together for this card.


I like this type of card.  It looks really neat up close.  It's kind of hard to see in the picture, but there are three layers of sunflowers, two layers of the frame and two layers of the small sunflower at the top.  Each layer is separated with pop dots.  I did ink around the edges of the elements with DI Vintage Photo just to mute the bright white edges.  I used a piece of old, old DP from DCWV for the background.  Everything else was colored already.  I added four dark yellow gems from Queen and Co.  to the corners to finish off the card.

I think I like this type of digital stamp.  I think as long as you have a good printer, these work well.  I did purchase the uncolored version too, so I will try my hand at coloring those and putting them together.

This card isn't for a challenge.  It's going out to Michigan to bring some cheer to Kay.  She just celebrated her birthday yesterday but has been diagnosed with a terminal cancer that has invaded her entire body.  I hope it brings a bit of cheer into her day when she receives it.

Thanks so much for checking in on me today.  I appreciate it.  God bless y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.