2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Monday, February 25, 2013

65

Good Morning Friends.  Happy Monday.  I have quite a few cards to reveal today, but first off, I must clear up something.  Since I started using digis and found a wonderful lady who makes the best word art, I have been giving credit to the wrong name.  What I have been listing as Dessert Diva is actually Desert Diva.  I am so very sorry.  I have it straight now so no more  mistaken identity.

I went shopping this weekend.  Boy, did I have a blast.  I bought my first three Copics.  I'm excited.  I purchased a skin tone set at Hobby Lobby using a 40% off coupon.  I can't wait to get more.  I love them.  I also got a new brand of alcohol ink pens called Chromatix from American Crafts.  I really like those too.  They are sold individually and each color has three shades.  For example, Apricot 1, Apricot 2, and Apricot 3.  They blend beautifully.  AC Moore had Darice embossing folders on sale for $1.96 so I picked up four new ones.   I picked up some more gemstones and pearls from Queen and CO., a new Lost and Found 6x6 paper pack, pop dots, and a few other odds and ends.  It was a great shopping trip.

Now, on to the first card for this morning.  When I saw this image, I knew I had to make a birthday card for my daddy.  He's been having a rough time of it lately and even though his birthday isn't until July, I went ahead and made it.


The image is from QKR Stampede.  Those talented designers have some of the funniest images ever.   I used my Spectrum Noir pens to add color to this image.  I wanted to distress this card quite a bit, so I inked it well with DI Vintage Photo.  The card is a 5x5 and the card base is made from Old Olive (SU).  I added DP from DCWV My Guy stack.  The sentiment is from Netty's Cards and I also added the sentiment that goes with the image to the inside.  It says, "I didn't call you an old goat, but you ain't no kid either". I thought my dad would get a kick out of that one.  I added three little buttons from my stash to the corner to finish off the card.

Thanks for dropping by this morning and I hope y'all stay tuned for the rest of this batch.  God bless y'all.

Challenge:
QKR Stampede--#27 Birthday with a Number

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic Card! Your Dad will love it! I love to see QKR Stamps being used. Thanks for sharing your work with QKR Stampede.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.