2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Friday's Sketch Challenge

Howdy y'all.  I am just a little late getting these cards up on my blog.  I was pretty busy over the weekend, so it put me behind.  Please bear with me as I try to get all of them uploaded.

This past Friday's challenge sketch was a pretty cool one.  I really liked making this card.  I used a beautiful sunflower image from Beccy Muir.  The sentiment is from my stash.


I used Spectrum Noir pens to color in the images.  I'm still not very good with them, but I am practicing.  I cut out the flower and leaves and inked the edges with DI Vintage Photo.  The card base is 5"x5" and is from Colorbok.  I used a CD to cut out the dark yellow circle.  I don't have a Spellbinders die that big and didn't feel like pulling out the Cricut.  The smaller DP circle was cut using a roll of double sided tape as a guide.  The diamond pattern paper and the circle DP are from DCWV.  The yellow card stock is from Recollections.  Everything has been inked with Vintage Photo.  I used two paper flowers and two brads from Recollections.  The top sentiment I just printed out.  I did use pop dots on the flower for some depth.

This was a fairly quick little card.  The longest part of the whole thing was cutting out the elements.  

Thank you for stopping by to check out my newest creations.  Stay tuned. There's 10 more coming.  God bless y'all.

Challenge entered:  Friday's Sketch--#36

2 comments:

  1. Fab card, Em - the sunflower is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Friday Sketch Challenge - hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sunflower Em & great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week at FSC
    Hugs
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.