2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Monday, August 5, 2013

Mondays with Digi Darla

Good Morning.  Today's card is for Digi Darla's challenge for this week.  Our challenge is to use your favorite Ice Cream flavor to determine the colors on your card.  What a great challenge, right?  The ideas are endless.  I chose to use Rainbow Sherbert.  I love sherbert and the Rainbow Sherbert is so good, especially on a hot summer day.

Here's my cute "Chrissy with Ice Cream" card.  To begin, I used a Lime Green card stock from Colorbok to make the 5.5" square card base.  The cute polka dot paper is from one of the package of paper I bought at Hobby Lobby on Friday.  I thought it worked perfectly for this card.  I colored the image with colored pencils and OMS.  I outlined it with a Spectrum Noir pen to give it a shadow.  I used Labels 10 Spellbinders to die cut the image and the sentiment as well as the two pink mats.  I ran the Pink Recollections mats through the Swiss Dots embossing folder.  I saw another card online that offset the mat and image and I loved the way it looked so I thought I would try it.  I absolutely love the way it turned out.  I will definitely be using this technique again. 

I added a piece of green and pink ribbon from stash and added some The Paper Studio and Recollections flowers.  I added some Queen and Co clear Rhinestones to the center of the smaller flowers and the corners to finish off the card.

I hope to see y'all over at Digi Darla this week for this fun challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Love the interesting shapes you used in your card and the offset. Pretty flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Emily, love the patterned paper
    Have a great weekend
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.