2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Monday, August 5, 2013

Melonheadz Friends Monday Challenge

Welcome back friends, for the Melonheadz Friends Monday challenge.  Our challenge for the next two weeks is: Flowers Everywhere.  I was late posting my card to the DT blog because my husband was gone all weekend with his best friend.  They had their annual  "Man-cation" to Philadelphia.  They went to play golf and to see a Phillies game.  He got home yesterday and my mind turned to mush.  I was so excited to see him and missed him terribly.  I completely forgot to upload my card so it could be put on the blog this morning.  Hopefully it will be up later today.

I am so very excited.  I figured out how to straighten my pictures with my editing program.  I don't know why I can't take straight pictures, but mine always come out wonky.  Now, with my program, I can fix my wonky pictures.  I'm so excited..:).  

So, to begin, I used the "In My Leafy Garden" bundle to make this card.  I printed out all the images and added the colors with colored pencils and OMS.  I bought a new OMS and I hate it.  I have to go to Wal-mart this afternoon and buy the one I always use.  The new one is very thick and white.  It doesn't work well at all.  You can see on my card how splotchy some of the images are.  It's not my coloring, it's the OMS.  But, I think it still turned out cute.  

After coloring all the images, I cut them out.  I used another paper from The Paper Studio for the background.  I added alot of the elements with pop dots for added dimension.  The sentiment is from Stampin' Up and I used a Fiskars Oval Scallop punch to make the cloud.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope y'all have a wonderfully blessed day and if y'all get a chance, stop by Melonheadz Friends and join in the new challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.