2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday Monday

Hello there.  Welcome to Monday.  How many of you remember the song "Monday Monday" by the Mama's and the Papa's?  I do.  Today is one of those Monday Mondays.  One week and counting until the first day of school.  I received all of Kierstynne's books and school supplies last week.  She didn't even want to look at them.  She told me she had one more week and she wasn't looking until then.  It was like Christmas for me.  I love opening the boxes and looking at all the new stuff.  Not her. :)

Today I have three cards for y'all.  Each one is for a different design team, but they are all going to be in the same post.  So, let's get started.

First up is my card for Digi Darla.  Our challenge this week is "Birthdays".  What a range of ideas for this one.  I used "Birthday Cake #3 and Birthday Blessings" to create my card.

To begin, I printed off the image and sentiment onto Neenah card stock and colored the cake with Chromatix Alcohol Pens.  I added a bit of Sakura Clear Star Pen for some sparkle.  I trimmed down the image and rounded the corners.  I did the same with the sentiment. The card base is  Recollections and the DPs are DCWV.  I added some yellow ribbon from my stash. Three little yellow brads and three pink brads finished off the card.


Next up is Melonheadz Friends.  Our two week challenge is "Back to School".  Very fitting for this time of year.  I used Nikki's "Math" bundle to make this card.  I really like this set because it showcases children from all walks of life.  Each of us is different and unique in our own way and I love that she showed that in this set.

I began by printing off the set onto Neenah card stock and coloring them with colored pencils and OMS.  I then fussy cut each little child out. The card base is Recollections Red and is 5.5" square.  I used papers from a Paper Studio pack that I bought at Hobby Lobby for $2.99. I wrote math equations on the lined paper for some added interest.  The children are popped up with pop dots and the two in the front have two layers of pop dots.  

Since my daughter had such a hard time with math last year, I think I will give this card to her on her first day back to school.  I'm going to write some encouraging words to her inside.  


Finally, we have a new set over at Beccy's Place.  Beccy designs the most beautiful images. She has a God given talent, that's for sure.  Our set this time is the little "Owlet Set" that features some of the cutest little owls.  You know owls are all the rage right now.  You can find them everywhere, in all shapes, sizes and colors.

Here's a peek at the whole colored set.  Cute right?
 And here's the card I created with the set:

I used a hot pink card stock from Colorbok to make the 5.5" square card base.  The papers are from the Colorbok Hootenanny pack.  I colored the owls with colored pencils and OMS.  I then fussy cut them out and pop dotted them onto the card.  Isn't this a fun little birthday card? 

I hope y'all enjoyed your visit today.  Stop on over at each of the three blogs for some more eye candy and fun challenges. Have a wonderful Monday and God bless y'all.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards! I like them all. Great job with the cake and the sentiment mix.

    Have a great week
    Hug Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your cards are great Em!
    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect little birthday card and love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.