2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Monday, August 26, 2013

Digi Darla Newsletter Example

Hi there.  Thanks for stopping in today.  I have a card for y'all that I made for the Digi Darla Newsletter.  For those of you who don't get the newsletter, all you have to do is stop over at Digi Darla's Blog and sign up.  You will also find our latest challenge and winners of the previous challenges there.  

To make this card, I used the Spotlight Technique. There are many videos on youtube on how to do this technique and I believe that Beatte has one on Splitcoast Stampers also.  I know that GinaK has one on her blog.  

So, to start, I printed out two images exactly the same size.  This image is called Amaryllis and Butterfly.  I picked what part of the image I wanted to spotlight and colored it in with colored pencils.  I then used my Classic Square and Scalloped Classic Square Nestabilities to die cut the colored image.  I matted the image onto a black mat and adhered it over the same exact spot on the uncolored image.  I die cut the main image with Nestabilities and embossed it then matted it onto some black card stock.  The papers are from American Crafts. I tied a bit of sheer ribbon round the middle and added the sentiment to the corner.  

I love the spotlight technique.  I think it would be beautiful on a wedding card.  Maybe an idea for my BIL's wedding in September..hhhuuummm...

Thanks again for stopping in today and I hope y'all have a great day.  God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. Love the spotlight technique. Apologies for being MIA from time to time. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.