2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Friday, August 30, 2013

Let's Kick Up Our Heels

It's Friday!! It's Friday!! Thank God it's Friday!!  I have had a hard week friends.  My baby girl has been sick all week.  It started on Sunday with a headache and two trips to the ER, a fever of 104 and some antibiotics later, we are on the downward slope.  Kierstynne has an infection wreaking havoc on her system.  We still aren't sure what kind of infection, but it's there.  Praise the Lord we were able to get her diagnosed and on the proper meds.  She is headache and fever free today, so it's going to be a great day!
Nothing like being behind the first week of school. LOL

So, with that being said, I have a new challenge for you guys over at QKR Stampede.  This week, the challenge is  "Kick Up Your Heels".  You must use an image of a horse, donkey, unicorn, goat, etc.  If you chose to play along and win, you will get 2 images from the QKR Store, but, if you use a QKR Image, you will win 5, that's right, 5 images.

Here's the card that I made for the challenge:


I used digi image #24102 and sentiment #14012.  I used shades of gray and black to color in the donkey with colored pencils.  I added some shadows in black underneath.  Some of the shadows were already on the digi that Maribeth drew, but I added some more. The ground and sky are done with chalks. I trimmed down the image and sentiment, inked them with DI Vintage Photo and matted them on Black Recollections card stock.  The card base is also made from the same black card stock.  The DP is DCWV Boyhood collection and each piece is matted on the black card stock.  I didn't add any embellies because I wanted this one for a masculine card and you know the men in our lives don't like alot of frills. Well, most of them don't. LOL

Thanks for stopping in today.  I hope y'all enjoy your weekend.  God bless ya and I hope to see some of your work over at QKR Stampede.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Sure hope things improve. I'll be thinking about you, and sending up some prayers. Your card is so funny! Cuteness :-) thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.