2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Monday, August 5, 2013

Birthday Cards

Happy Monday Friends.  How is everyone today?  I have been working on cards all last week, but haven't had a chance to post any.  I have two that I am going to show on this post and then I have a few more that I will be posting today.

The first one I have for y'all today is one that I made for a friend's son.  His birthday party was Saturday and he turned 6.  He wanted a Lego themed party, so I thought I would get all crafty and make a Lego card for him.  I went to three different craft stores to find the right size circle punch to make the card.  I finally found it at Jo-Ann's and it was 40% off..yeah me!

To make this card, I cut different colors of Recollection card stock into 3"x2" rectangles and then punched out tons of circles.  I layered three circles together to make the snap together part.  I then made a card base that is 5" square from Basic Black SU card stock.  I added the "Lego's" in various directions and trimmed around the edges.  I hand wrote the sentiment, trimmed it down and matted it onto a piece of BB by SU card stock.  On the inside, I just added a 4.5" square piece of Green Recollections card stock, a 4" square piece of GP White card stock and a red Lego.

Killian loved his card and his mother was shocked that I made it for him.  


The next birthday card I made this past week was for my BIL who turned 29 on the 2nd.  Last year I made him a motorcycle card so I didn't really want to do that again.  He is getting married in September so I didn't figure his fiance would be thrilled if I used Kenny K's  Biker Chick image.  I decided to use the Dr. Digi's Paint Roller image that was free last week.

I printed out three of the paint roller images and colored them with my BIC Markers.  I then used my Cutterbee Scissors to cut them out.  The papers I used are from The Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby.  I went there on Friday and they had sets of prepackaged paper, 50 sheets for $2.99.  I grabbed four.  They also had 12x12 packs for $4.99 so I got two of those.  There were some really nice designs in the packs.  These two that I used for the card were in the 8.5"x11" packs.  I made a card base from Basic Black SU card stock and cut the Rainbow paper to 4 1/8"x 5 3/8".  The Balloon paper is 2"x4" and the black mat is 2 1/8"x4 1/4".  I used pop dots to add the paint rollers and printed out the sentiment from my computer.  I trimmed down the sentiment, matted it on BB by SU card stock and adhered it to the card.  I didn't add any embellishments because my BIL isn't a glitzy type of guy.  The inside has layers of both papers and black card stock.  The inside sentiments says "Birthday Wishes to You" and I used, what has to be my favorite sentiment set of stamps, The Paper Studio's Clearly Said set.  It has words that you can put together and I just love it.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope y'all will stay tuned for the next posts that I will have up throughout the day.  God bless y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.