2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Indian Woman

Hi there.  Grab a seat..I have a story. 

Have any of you ever had the desire to meet your ancestors who have gone on before you?  I do.  Have them all the time.  My family has alot of Native American in it.  I have always been fascinated with American Indians.  The stories of the braves who stole their wives from white villages, the ability to take a deer hide and made a beautiful wedding dress, the long, thick, rich black hair.  But, there are the horror stories too..Battle of Bull Run, Chief Sitting Bull, The Trail of Tears..too many tears over the years.   I always envisioned that I would marry a Native American brave, but I got an Italian instead..go figure.

The card I made today uses an image of a Native American woman in a deer skin dress painting pottery.  This image is from QKR Stampede.


I used colored pencils and OMS to add life to this image.  Her long black hair is done up in a bun to keep it out of paint.  Her deer skin clothing is warm so it must be a winter portrait.  Even though you can't see her face, I feel like she is really concentrating on her work.

I chose the DPs because they remind me of the colors and designs of the Native American wares.  Not only the blankets, but the bags, clothes, hand made baskets and pottery.  The DP is American Crafts.  I put this on a card base made from SU Chocolate Chip.  I put the sentiment (Word Art Wednesday) at an angle so that the image would not be covered.  I didn't think it needed alot of bling.

Thanks for stopping by today.  If y'all have Native American in your family, I would love to hear about it in a comment.  Thanks so much..God bless y'all.

Challenges:
QKR Stampede--#36 Favorite Things (My favorite things are: using sketches and handmade flowers.)
Papertake Weekly--Sketch
Word Art Wednesday--Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. I am loving your Indian lady ... that plaid dp is awesome and pretty. I wish my Mom were here to see your beautiful card. You are so talented girl .. this is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty. Great design with the sketch and colours. Thanks for playing at QKR Stampede and good luck. Hope to see you back friday for another challenge. Bettina DT Member at QKR Stampede!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Thank you for joining QKR's Challenge this week.
    Ruza, QKR DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, great papers for the image, thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly, karenx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.