2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Mother's Day Card

Howdy y'all.  Welcome back to my blog.  I have a card to show tonight that uses some of the roses and flowers that I dyed using my homemade alcohol inks. I used a Rick St. Dennis image to make this card and printed it out on a new card stock that I found at AC Moore.  It's from Crafter's Companion, the company that makes the Spectrum Noir pens.  I ran out of my Neenah and needed some card stock so I picked up two packs of 25 for $8.





So, what do you think?  The roses and the small silk flowers are dyed with the homemade alcohol inks. 

I colored the image with Chromatix pens.  I trimmed down the image, matted it on a panel of pink and then a panel of black.  The DPs are from Authentique and MME.  The card base is made from Bazzill Blackbird card stock.   The sentiment is from Beccy Muir and is included in the Rose Bouquet set.   I had to add the main sentiment to the inside, because there just wasn't room on the front to add the Scripture from Proverbs 31. 

I just kept adding embellies until I liked the look of it.  There are pearls, lace, flowers, acetate flowers, acrylic sprays, pearl sprays.  And for one of my challenges that I am entering this card in, I had to have ribbon.  I couldn't add anything else to the card, so there is ribbon on the image itself.  I hope that qualifies.  It's a little sneaky, but the ribbon is there.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope y'all have a great evening.  God bless.

Challenges:
Milk Coffee--Lace and Pearls
One Stop Craft--#227 Flower Power
Robyn's fetish--#158--Spring Colors
ABC Challenges--#27  Tic Tac Toe  Ribbon, Flowers, and Pink CS
Love to Create--#64  For Mom
The Pink Elephant--#198  Mother's Day
Craft Your Passion--#161 Floral Delights
Created with Love--#40  Mother's Day
Twists of Faith--#36  Mother's Day
Crafter's Cafe--Mother's Day
One Crazy Stamper--May flowers
Chocolate Coffee Cards--Mother's Day
V's Sweet Ideas-- Mother's Day

22 comments:

  1. Very Pretty card! Love the added flowers! Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges for our Mother's Day Challenge!
    DawnD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you have been so busy! Thanks for sharing your lovely card, and your wonderful tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the flowers!!! SOOO pretty!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic card. Love those flowers. I have to try that I got some markers to try homemade alchol inks. Thanks for joining in the fun at Created With Love Mothers Day Challenge.
    Linda K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card, love those flowers and the coloring is perfect!! Thank´s for playing with us at CWLC this week, hugs Kate DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking card. Love the flowers. They are amazing. Thanks for joining our Mother's Day Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card, love the flowers!
    Thanks for joining in with us at Created With Love Challenges this week!
    Lisa Grace DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card with a great image.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
    xxx Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable! Love the image and the flowers user are so special.
    Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges for our Mother's Day challenge.

    Hugs,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely coloring on the image. I can't take my eyes off it. Thanks for sharing at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love this card! So many fun details and the roses are just beautiful! Thank you for playing with us over at ABC Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card.

    Thanks for sharing at Love to Create this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful Mother's Day card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty! Love all the flowers! Thanks for joining us at Twist of Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautifull , card lovel flover gretting marialex dt CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful! Thanks for joining at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges: Mother's Day
    Hugs
    Dewi
    PS. I have birthday candy here: http://sundaymorningcard.blogspot.com/2013/04/birthday-candy.html
    Come and join

    ReplyDelete
  17. A wonderful creation, Em! I love the flowers and pearls! Thanks for sharing with us at Twist of Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card and layout, thanks for joining us at CC&CC, good luck cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful card. It looks amazing with all those pretty flowers. Thanks for joining us at the Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun card! Love the inside sentiment! Thanks for joining us at V's Sweet Ideas!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, Emily! Love your project! Nice composition, great coloring and beautiful execution. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  22. How fun!! Thanks for playing with us this month at TCCCB!
    FYI: We have a DT Call going on right now! Be sure to check it out!! :)
    http://crafterscafeblogchallenge.blogspot.com/2013/05/tcccb-design-team-call.html
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.