2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Monday, May 27, 2013

Sad Day for Me

Hello my friends.  I'm sorry I haven't posted in a few days.  I had to make an emergency trip to VA this past weekend.  My father has been in the hospital since May 9th and was transferred to hospice yesterday afternoon.  I was able to get down here and spend the night with him last night.  He, sadly, passed away today at around 12:30 pm EST.  I am thankful for the last few hours that I was able to spend with him even though he wasn't fully coherent.  I was able to be with him, holding his hand and stroking his forehead when he took his last heartbeat.  I know that my dad crossed over to the arms of Jesus and that one day, Lord willing, I will see him again.  Thank you for all the prayers and thoughts that were said for me and my family during this trying time.  I am not sure when I will return to PA and back to my regular schedule.  I have to finalize my dad's affairs before I can come home.  I will be back as soon as possible.  Thanks again and God bless y'all.

2 comments:

  1. Emily, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. What a blessing that you were able to be with him when he passed. I'll be praying for you and your family, my friend. Take care, and don't worry about blog land. It will be here when you get home. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sincere sympathy to you at this sad time, I pray you will continue to know God's help and strength, and yes to have faith that death is not the end but a doorway we all must go through and for Christians we know where we are going.. take all the time you need, we will be here when you return... take care..love lizzy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.