2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day 60

Hallo!  Today we are travelling to Dutch country.  I love those little wooden Dutch shoes.  I wish I had a pair.  They are so dang cute!  I looked for a Dutch word for scrapbooker or crafter, but I couldn't find one.  So the best I could do was the Dutch words  for crafty friends  ..Listig vrienden.   Now on to my card.

This card was made for James, a little three year old boy who is suffering from tumors on his spine.  He loves pirates so when I found this free image online, I just knew it was the card for James.  I printed them out and colored them with colored pencils and OMS.  As you can tell, this is my favorite coloring medium.  I have a whole set of Spectrum Noir pens, which you can now buy at AC Moore, but I am not a pro at those yet.  I fussy cut the cannonballs, barrel, crate, and pirate out and used pop dots to add depth.  I matted the image on a turquoise mat and then matted the whole thing on a grey card base.  I hand wrote the sentiment.  I had alot of fun with this one.  I love dragons and this one was right up my alley.

Vaarwel and dank u for stopping by today.  God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.