2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day 58

Hello peeps.  Today we are visiting Greece for our greetingΥ i`a sas  This is the traditional Greek way of saying hello.  Yeah, I know I have lost my mind, but it's pretty interesting right?  Now you can fascinate someone with a useless fact for the day..:)

Today's card is a card that I made to give to my grandma who is turning 89 years young today.  She loves the color red and butterflies are special to our family because they are the mascot for LUPUS.  My Grandma Kitty is permanently confined to a Jazzy chair because she has Vascular Disease, which affects the veins and arteries in your body, usually in your extremities.  She lost her right leg in 2002 and at her age, a fake one wasn't possible.  You should see that woman.  She amazes me.  She still cleans her own house, cooks her own meals, does her own laundry.  She has a special tool that she uses to reach stuff and a lift to help her in and out of bed.  She is always on the go and if you say, "Hey wanna go to WalMart?"  She's out the door and in the van before you can grab your purse.  She has even traveled out to New Mexico and Texas in her van.  She's an inspiration to me.  My father lives with her just to make sure she isn't alone, but she is very independent.

So, the butterfly stamp is from Gina K Designs and is from the set called Spring Mix.  The Grandma stamp is from Inkadinkadoo and the sentiment is Stampin' Up.  Yes I love to combine stamps from different companies.  I stamped the butterfly in black then twice in red.  I fussy cut out the red ones and popped them up on pop dots.  I matted both sentiments on red card stock and the DP is from my stash.  I put the whole thing on a mat of red then a black card base.  I sure hope she likes it. :)

Thanks for stopping by today for your foreign language lesson and to check out my latest card. Giasou and have a blessed day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.