2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Saturday, April 13, 2013

Teapot Tuesday #246

Howdy.  I'm bbbaaaccckkkk!!!  LOL.  I have a few more cards to showcase for y'all today.  I've been a busy little beaver this morning.  My husband is off today so he's been sleeping in the chair and I've been crafting.

I pulled out a couple of my older stamps..yes, I actually stamped the images instead of using a digi.  These beautiful images are from Blue Ridge Impressions.  They are a stamp company in Virginia that I found by accident a couple years ago.  They have some of the most beautiful images and lots and lots of Scripture.  You can't place an order online, but you can fax your order, send by mail, or call in your order.

I made this card for this week's Teapot Tuesday on SCS.  Our tea party is in Missouri this week.  We are going to visit David.  He was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer a couple years ago and isn't doing well.  To read more about his story and this week's Tea Party, click Here on Tuesday 4-16.  I am one of the cheaters who get's the email early so I can get my card made and mailed by Tuesday.  We would love to have you join in our Tea Parties.


I made a card base out of dark blue card stock from Recollections.  I found two DPs in my stash that were orange and blue, the University of Missouri's colors, which is where David went to school.  I distressed the edges of the mat to make it a little more masculine.  I stamped the word image and then the boat image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I used my colored pencils to color in the image.  I chalked the background with blue chalk and highlighted the word JESUS with yellow (The Son).  I matted the image on a panel of Chocolate Chip card stock (SU) and then adhered it to the card.  I added some dark blue gems to finish it off.

I hope this card brings David some happy smiles.  Thanks for stopping in.  Have a great day.  God bless y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.