2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Today is May 6, 2014

Wow.  It's been a long road.  I never would have guessed, as I walked down the aisle, 14 years ago today, how different my life would become.

Fourteen years ago.  I was 27 years old.  I had moved 400 miles away from home to marry a man I had met one year prior.  I was a widow who was embarking on a new journey that I never thought I would take. I was in love.

Fourteen years ago at 3pm in the afternoon I married Timothy Thubbron and began a roller coaster ride of a life.  It has definitely had it's ups and downs.  It's even had a few curves and twists that I never saw coming.  But, we've managed to stick it out through all of them.   We have had some bad times, some tough times but lots of good times.

In 14 years we have endured Y2K,  2 presidents, the 911 attacks, the resulting 911 wars, 4 governors of PA.  We saw Wikipedia launched, the world's first space visitor, the world's first cyborg, the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster, Hurricane Katrina, Youtube, Facebook, My Space, Twitter, Skype, Pluto was reduced from a planet to a star.  We have seen many of our friends and family get married, get divorced, have children and pass away.

In the last 14 years we have grown as people.  Some good, some not so good.  But the best thing about the past 14 years?  Going through it all with Tim.  

Happy Anniversary, honey.  I love you and I look forward to the next 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.