2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Saturday, May 10, 2014

Paper A La Mode Challenge--Special Lady

Good Saturday Morning.  I am going to start something new this week.  Everyday I am going to post  trivia facts that deals with the date.  Since today is May 10th, let's see what we have:

In 1996 on May 10, the movie Twister premiered.
In 1994, Barbara Striesand begins her first concert tour in 30 years.
Also in 1994, Nelson Mandela was sworn in as the first black president in South Africa.
In 1992, Bible Land Museum opens in  Jerusalem, Israel.
In 1983, "Laverne and Shirley," last airs on ABC-TV.
In 1972, U.S. performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
In 1969, U.S. troop begin attack on Hill 937/Hamburger Hill.
In 1960, John F. Kennedy wins primary in West Virginia.
In 1931, Golf ball sized hail falls in Burlington, NJ
In 1924, J. Edgar Hoover is appointed head of the FBI.
In 1908, The first Mother's Day was observed.
In 1864, The Civil War Battle at Spotsylvania, VA took place.
In 1775, 2nd Continental Congress convenes in Pennsylvania and issues paper currency for 1st time.
In 1752, Benjamin Franklins 1st tests the lightning rod
In 1503, Columbus discovers the Cayman Islands
In 1497, Italian navigator, Amerigo Vespucci leaves for his first voyage to the New World.


So there you have it folks, 16 things you may not have known.  Don't you just feel a bit smarter this week.  I think I am going to make a seperate page for the trivia facts with a tab at the top of my blog.  I know alot of you only come for the artwork and I don't want to bore you to death.

So, on to the challenge.  This week our challenge is "SPECIAL LADY" and our Sponsor is Rick St. Dennis.

I love that Rick created a line of images that showcase women who aren't a size 2.  They are so fancy.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope y'all have a wonderful day.  Today is Kierstynne's birthday party. My baby is turning 10 years old tomorrow.  Where have these last 10 years gone?  God bless y'all.

Recipe:
Image: Rick St. Dennis' 2 Beauties
Sentiment: Desert Diva
Coloring Medium: Crayola Colored Pencils, Gamsol, Glitter Gel Pens
Cardstock: Colorbok, Darice, Neenah Solar White
Paper: DCWV
Flower: Recollections
Leaves: My Stash
Tools: Fiskar's Trimmer, ATG Gun, Foam Tape, Glossy Accents (for attaching flower)

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.