2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Friday, October 26, 2012

Two New Cards

Happy Friday everybody.  I know everyone loves Fridays.  I am taking Kierstynne on an outing for school today so I wanted to post these before we left.

I have two cards today.  Both were made for challenges.  The first one is for the Sketch Saturday challenge and the Created with Love #14 challenge.  It's a very CAS card.  The challenge for Created with Love was Something Sweet.  So, in order to follow the sketch, I chose this adorable birthday cake from Anjis Antics Blog.  She has really great images on her blog.  You should check them out...they are all free!

I used Spectrum Noir Alcohol Pens to color in the cake in shades of pink.  The sentiment I just printed out and the DP is from my stash.  I used pink rhinestones from Queen and Co for a little bling.  The black card stock is from Recollections, and I used a white card base from Colorbok.


My second card is doing triple duty. I am entering this one in the Dilly Beans Halloween Challenge, the ATCs with Attitude Challenge, and Dilly Beans Halloween Challenge.  This card uses a cute witch from Beccy Muir.  This one was one of her freebies.

For this cute card, I used colored pencils and OMS.  I like the way she turned out in purple and orange with a hint of green.  She looks so cute and creepy.  The chevron pattern paper is from Teresa Collins' new Halloween pack.  I used a strip of black card stock from Recollections and added a black star patterned paper on top of it.  I matted my image on a deep purple from Colorbok.  I inked the edges with DI Vintage Photo and used pop dots to give it some dimension.

Thanks for stoppin in today and I hope you enjoyed my cards.  God bless you and have a wonderful Friday!

14 comments:

  1. Yes I do believe everyone loves Fridays :D

    Those are some beautiful cards!

    Thanks for joining us as Digi Darla’s Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is a sweet card love your coloring. Thanks so much for joining the fun at Created with love challenges.
    Linda K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card! Love the pink cake! Thanks for making something sweet for the Created With Love Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Em. Fab image and I love the simplicity of the design. Gorgeous colour combination too.
    Thanks for sharing at Created with Love.
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Em, fab image and colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Halloween card! Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic Halloween card, love the colouring! Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect Halloween card! Love the image! Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome job!! Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's
    LisaO-DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is such a fabulous colored witch! Super great card. Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute little witch! So glad you joined us at Dilly Beans this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card, love the witch she is so cute. Thank you for joining us at ATC's this fortnight. Abbie (Owner) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely project at Anything goes, Just keep on creating.
    Sorry it has taken so long to leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.