2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Wednesday, October 3, 2012

QKD Blog Hop Day 3



Welcome back everyone.  The blog hop is just a hoppin' away.  I have looking at the blogs and I have to tell you..I have found some beautiful projects.  I hope you all are keeping up.

I'm glad that you found my blog, but to take care of some housekeeping first, you should have hopped here from Maria's blog.  If you didn't, please return to the QKD Official Blog just to make sure you didn't miss out on anything.

Also, here is a great coupon that is good through the end of the blog hop for 15% off in the store.  Make sure you enter the code during the checkout to get your discount.

So, today's theme is the COLOR PURPLE.  I knew I had to do this day, because purple is one of my most favorite colors.  You can do anything with purple.  Today's card features a new stamp called Flip Top Frankie which is being released today.  He's too cute and has a very confused look upon his face.  I think he might be in sugar shock..


I used a Mojo Monday sketch for this cute little guy.  I think he turned out cute in purple.  

To make this card:
1. Stamp image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  Using the coloring medium of your choice, color Frankie.  I used colored pencils and OMS.   Fussy cut out Frankie
2.  Using Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Circles Large, cut out two circles that are next to each other in your package.  I used orange cardstock for the smaller one, which I embossed.  I used a sheet of DP from my stash for the larger circle.  It is a mottled purple.
3.  Cut a piece of lime green card stock into a 3x3 square.  Cut a piece of purple card stock into a 2 1/2 x 3 1/2" rectangle.  Cut a piece of orange cardstock to 1/2" x 2 1/2" and notch one end.
4.  Cut your background paper to 4" x 5 1/4".  Ink the edges.  I used DI Vintage Photo.   The card base is orange as is a standard A2 size card (5 1/2" x 4 1/4")
5.  Using some Halloween or coordinating ribbon, wrap it around the DP and tie a small bow to the right side of the card.
6.  Attach your back ground paper to the card base.  Lay the purple card stock at and angle and attach.  The lime green piece is turned sideways and centered on the DP.
7.  Apply your greeting to the notched strip of orange.  I hand wrote my sentiment, but you can add whatever sentiment you like.
8.  Put your circles together with ATG and using pop dots, attach Frankie to the center.  Lay your focal image on the card towards the left side and place the sentiment strip under it until you have it where you want it.  Remove the focal image and attach the sentiment.  Using pop dots, attach Frankie.

And there you have it.  Flip Top Frankie is complete.  I hope you enjoyed stopping by and checking out my creation for today.  Be sure to stop back in tomorrow for Day 4.  Thanks so much.


Materials:
Stamp: Flip Top Frankie
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; DI Vintage Photo
Coloring Medium: Colored Pencils and OMS
Card Stock: Orange, Lime, Purple all by Colorbok
DP: Mottled Purple from my stash
Ribbon; AC Moore
Adhesives: ATG; Pop Dots






5 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.