Thursday, October 4, 2012
QKD Blog Hop Day 4
Welcome back everyone. Today's theme is SPOOKY. I love the stamp I picked for this card. Even though it's supposed to be spooky, I think he's rather cute..hehe
Hopefully you made it here from Stephanie's blog. If not, please go back to QKD and start from the beginning so you don't miss anything. You never know what you might see.
Also, just for this blog hop, Vikki has given a coupon to help you save some money on the stamps you've seen so far, plus all the ones you will see in the coming days. It's also good for anything in the store. You should really take advantage of it. Just add the code from the ticket to the promo/coupon box during the checkout.
Now, on to today's card.
This stamp is called GRAVE DIGGER and is by Miss Megs I told ya'll he was cute didn't I? This card was pretty simple to make.
How To Make:
1. Use a black card base in the standard A2 size (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")
2. Trim a piece of red card stock to 4" x 5 1/4".
3. Stamp image on white card stock with black ink and color in using the coloring medium of your choice. I chose colored pencils and OMS. I also chalked the sky.
4. Ink the edges of the focal image. I used DI Vintage Photo.
5. Trim a piece of black card stock to 3 3/4" x 4". Then a piece of white card stock 1/4" smaller and your DP 1/4" smaller than the white. I chose the bat DP from Recollections Haunted Estates collection.
6. Mat all pieces together and adhere to the card base. Using pop dots, add your focal image to the bottom left corner. Notch out your sentiment, edge with black ink and adhere to the top left corner of the image.
7. Embellish. I had a set of skulls and bones stickers from a few years ago that I got a Michael's so I used those since our little guy is playing in a graveyard. I added some holographic rhinestones from the same set just for kicks.
There you go. All the instructions to make this cute little SPOOKY card. Join us tomorrow for Day 5 to see what the DT comes up with. Remember to start on the Official Queen Kat Blog so you don't miss any of the fabulous projects. Have a great day!
Official QKD Blog
Emily <<--that's me
Stamp: Grave Digger by Miss Megs (QKD)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; DI Black Soot; DI Vintage Photo
Coloring Medium: Colored Pencils and OMS; Chalk
Card Stock: White-GP; Colored--Colorbok
DP: Recollections Haunted Estates
Embellies: Rhinestones, Skull, and Bones stickers from Michael's
Adhesives: ATG; Pop Dots