2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Monday, July 8, 2013

Outlawz Paper A La Mode Challenge

Good Morning again.  I am a bit late in posting this card.  We had such a busy weekend I didn't get to post it.  On Thursday we took Kierstynne to see fireworks, Friday we cooked out at my MIL's and had fireworks again, Saturday my husband wanted to have a cookout, so we had about 30 people here at our house.  Sunday we had church, dinner at the inlaws and then took Kierstynne to the arena here in our area for the WWE Wrestling show.  She is a girl after her daddy's own heart.  He's a huge wrestling fan and so is she.  This week is Vacation Bible School at Tim's grandmother's church plus Twirling tonight..so it looks like I will be busy all week.  I have to fit some crafting in somewhere..

So, this week over on The Outlawz Paper a la Mode Saturday challenge, we have a Summer Challenge.  I used Dearie Dolls images and a Creative Stamping image to create my card.

To begin, I used an Ivory card base from Recollections.  I printed out the images onto Neenah card stock and using colored pencils, added some color.  I fussy cut each element.  The "sand" is actual sandpaper that I tore and inked with DI Walnut Stain. I learned my lesson the hard way of cutting sandpaper with a trimmer..I wouldn't advise it. :)  The "ocean" is a DP from Recollections All Season pad that I got at Michael's for $4.50.  Before adding the ocean and sand, I used chalks to make the sky.  The little swimmer is adhered with Pop Dots for interest.  I printed out that sentiment from my computer program and trimmed it down, inked it with DI Walnut Stain and added it with pop dots.

I hope that you guys will jump on over to the Outlawz and join us.  There will be a new challenge posted for every day of the week plus a progressive freebie challenge every two weeks where you can use images designed by the very talented Anne Fenton and Sandi Huggett.  You don't want to miss those.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope y'all enjoy your day.  God bless y'all.

1 comment:

  1. oh it sure sounds like you will be busy!!! Love your card. Such a great beach scene!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.