2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Friday, July 12, 2013

Christmas in July at Queen Kat Designs

Happy Friday!  Thanks for joining us at Queen Kat Designs for another preview of some wonderful artwork by Kathy Cyr.  This little girl and her cat are so cute!

I used a new medium to create this card.  I was AC Moore yesterday and was talking to a man who is an artist.  I was asking him, other than Prismacolor Pencils, are there any alternatives for a lower price?  He was telling me that Derwent is good, but they are kind of pricey too.  Then he asked me if I had ever used Soft Pastels.  Nope, I haven't.  So, I broke down and bought me a set of 24.  I used them to color in the tree, cat, her pj's and the presents.  I did realize one thing...they are super messy.  But, the great thing about them, they blend wonderfully.  So, I am thinking some very pretty sky backgrounds.  I'm not so sure I would use them again to color an image other than a large image of an animal or water or something like that.

So, I resorted back to my Sakura Glitter pens to add some color and sparkle to this image.  I used my BIC markers for the eyes of the cat and the girl.  The card base is Colorbok.  The strip of green card stock is Recollections.  Both DPs are from The Paper Studio's new Christmas pad.  I found the little sentiment and holly stickers in my stash.

Thanks for stopping in today and I hope you will hop on over to Queen Kat Designs and check out the wonderful, eclectic stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.