2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Friday, July 19, 2013

Gone Fishing

Happy Friday everyone.  It's gonna be a hot one here today..100 degrees.  That's way more than I can take so I will be staying inside today..maybe getting some cards made.

I have a card for you today that uses a QKR Stampede image.  I just love these stamps.  They are so whimsical and cute.  Maribeth designs some great ones.  If you haven't ever checked out their store, please do.  They also have a Biblical Store.

This image is called "Gone Fishing".  Isn't he cute?  I used my colored pencils and OMS to create this image.  I also added the grass and dirt with chalk so that's not part of the actual stamp design.  After coloring the image, I started with the chalk work.  I have an Android tablet that I keep on my desk so that I watch you tube videos while I work.  I found one that showed how to use make up brushes instead of the little pom pom thingies to add chalk.  I didn't have a make up brush, but I have scads of paint brushes.  It works so much better.  I am hooked.  You have more control over where your color goes and how much you are adding.  I did the sky and the ground with the paintbrush and man, I love it.  The DP is actually from a Recollections Christmas stack but I thought it worked really well with the colors in this image.  Those cute little fish..well, I cut those out of a piece of DP that I had in my stash that I will never use.  Don't know why I bought it.  It had to have come in a stack of paper.  It has campers, picnic tables, fish and words on it.  Yeah, not up my alley at all.  But, I cut the fish out and added them with pop dots to the card and I think they work well.

I made this card for QKR's last challenge but I didn't get it finished in time to enter it, but I really liked it so I thought I would post it anyway.  

Thanks so much for stopping in today.  If it's going to be a scorcher where y'all live, please take the necessary precautions..lots of water, stay out of the direct sunlight and if you are like me, stay in the a/c. LOL.  God bless y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.