2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Saturday, January 26, 2013

Tame the Dragon

Let's go dragon hunting.  I chose this adorable dragon stamp and back ground  from Dustin Pike to make my card for the Cute Card Thursday challenge..Out of This World.   I already had it printed out and colored, but just hadn't had the right opportunity to use it...until now.


I have always loved dragons.  When I was into painting ceramics, I made a whole collection for my brother, who collects them.  I even had a small collection from the Franklin Mint that I ended up giving to my brother.  I don't view them as mystical or witch related.  To me they represent what could be.  The freedom of soaring through the air and making your own destiny.  Yeah, I'm a dreamer.  LOL.  I guess in part, they represent my life before motherhood.  That time in my life when I could just pick up and go and not have to worry about a babysitter, or making sure my child has everything she needs before I can spend the extra money on myself.  Wistful, I know.

I colored the images with my colored pencils and OMS.  I do alot of colored pencil work, but I feel comfortable with it.  I am trying to slowly learn how to use my Spectrum Noir pens and make the images turn out right, but it takes a while to master it.  I would love to be able to afford a set of Copics.  That would be my wish.  My dragon wish.  To be blessed to receive the whole set of Copics.  Yes, I wish big.  Some of the AC Moore stores have started carrying Copics, but they are $7.99 each.  I think that is just a little expensive.  Maybe with our tax refund I can invest in two or three from each color family.  Anyway, back to the card.

I used SU Crumb Cake for the card base which is an A2 size.  I matted the background on a piece of turquoise card stock from Recollections after inking the edges with DI Vintage Photo.  I fussy cut the dragon knight out and used pop dots to add him to the center.  The sentiment I searched and searched for on the internet.  I finally found a dragon quote that I liked by Noela Evans.  I have no idea who she is, but I liked her quote.  I printed it out in turquoise ink and matted it on a scrap of black card stock.  I used pop dots for the sentiment.  That's it.  Very minimal product on this card.  I think it qualifies for Out of this World..don't y'all?

Well, that's the last card for this set of cards.  I will have more, probably tomorrow or Monday.  Thanks for taking time out of your schedules to come visit me here on my blog.  God bless you and have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your info. I truly appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your next write ups
    thank you once again.
    Also visit my web blog ; http://deaf-worlds.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, so love that dragon and the castle background!
    If you shop around you can copics a lot cheaper. I found a 12 pack on Overstock.com for just under $40 that is just over $3 per marker! There are other stores too that sell them singly for around $5 per marker.
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, thanks so much for the wonderful comments and the great tip on Copics. I will have to check out Overstock to see about getting me some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is such a cute dragon - I too love dragons, have a large collection of dragon figures which are my pride and joy ! Thanks for playing along with us on Cute Card Thursday.
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.