2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Monday, January 14, 2013

Roses for a Rose

Hello friends.  Today I have a card for you that just popped into my head and I knew I had to make it for my Aunt Linda.  Today is her birthday and she lives back in my home state of Virginia.  Believe it or not, her husband's name is Red and her name is Linda.  Take a guess what their last name is?  Give up?  It's Rose.  Honestly.  So, when I received this image in a swap, I knew I had to use it.  I am also going to enter this into the weekly challenge over at Through the Craftroom Door.

It's a little blurry, but for some reason my camera wouldn't focus very well, but you can get the gist of it.  The green is a mint green from Colorbook. I ran it through the Swiss Dot embossing folder from Sizzix.  The white part under the green was run through the Divine Swirls EF.  I colored the image with colored pencils and OMS.  I added some sparkle to the roses with a glitter gel pen.  The ribbon roses are from Jo Ann Fabrics and the green fronds are from my friend Jan.  I added a holographic acetate sprig and tied a ribbon on the side.  The card base is Basic Black from SU.  I inked the edges of all the card stock with DI Vintage Photo.  I used pop dots to raise the frame up off of the rose image.

Thank you for stopping by to check out my latest work.  I have a check up appt on the 17th with the surgeon about my neck.  I am doing really well.  I don't have to keep the incision covered anymore and it's healing nicely.  There is still a knot of scar tissue that is pushing on my esophagus making it hard to eat certain foods, especially bread.  Other than that, I feel fantastic.  I still have to take it easy, but can do more each day.  Thanks again for the continued thoughts and prayers.  God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.