2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Saturday, January 12, 2013

Some New Work

Howdy everyone.  It's been a long time since I have posted any new cards.  I have truly missed blogging and showing my work.  I have also missed crafting.  I wasn't able to craft for the whole month of November and most of December.  I have been doing a little at the time.  I still have to take it easy because of my neck, but it's getting easier to sit for longer periods of time.  I go  back to the surgeon on the 17th for a check up and an x-ray to see how I am healing.  I'm believing for a complete healing that confounds the doctor.  Thank You, Jesus!

For my first card, I made it for the Mojo Monday Challenge and Through the Craftroom Door weekly challenge.  I made it for my dad who had a knee replacement on October 29th.  He had some major issues after surgery and I have been keeping up with him by phone, but thought he might like a little cheering up.  I thought the card was appropriate considering.


Isn't this little turtle too cute?  I am not sure who is from.  I spent 30 minutes looking through my computer to find him and I can't.  I know he's on there somewhere.  Anyways,  I colored him with colored pencils and OMS.  I fussy cut the grass and put the little guy behind it.  I chalked the background before adding the turtle and grass.  I stamped the butterfly (Recollections Garden Gnome set) and used my BIC markers to color it in.  I added a little bit of Sakura Clear Star glitter pen on the butterfly trail.  I printed out the sentiment, inked the edges and pop dotted it onto the image.  The patterned paper is from Gina K's Wisteria Lane paper pack.  The card base and the strip of cs are from my stash.  I inked the edges in Distress Ink Vintage Photo.

I really like this card and I hope my dad does too.  Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you guys haven't forgotten me since I have been gone for so long.  God bless you and have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.