2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Saturday, June 2, 2012

Mud Pies

Howdy!  How's all my crafty friends doing today?  Well, I have been hard at work this past week trying to get cards made, projects finished, and household things under control.  I have finished my first project for Queen Kat Designs.  I was so excited when I received this little stamp.  How cute is she??  I had to improvise the way I stamped her because I didn't have any EZ Mount foam so I had to use double sided tape.  The impression was good, but it will be better next time.  So, here she is...The new Carla Morrow stamp, Mud Pies. 


She is the cutest little baby girl dragon playing in the mud with a little fairy.  Boy, she made a mess.  Mud everywhere.  But, that's half of the fun little girls have when making mud pies.  So, to make this card, I cut a 12x12 piece of Colorbok pink cardstock down to 4 1/4" by 11" and scored it at 5 1/2" so that it will open vertically.  The patterned paper is from HOTP.  It is cut at 4"x5 1/4" and centered on the card base.  I used the same pink cardtock for the large mat.  The green cardstock mat is also from Colorbok.  I stamped little Mud Pies on Stampin' Ups Whisper White.  I used Spectrum Noir markers from  http://www.paperwishes.com/  to color her in.  These pens are fantastic.  They could be called generic copics.  They are not near the price of copics and do a great job.  Next I inked the edges of Mud Pies with Vintage Photo Distress Ink by Tim Holtz.  I then mounted the image on the green cardstock.  I used pink and green embroidery floss to wrap around the image.  I then mounted the whole thing on the pink cardstock and used foam tape to attatch it to the base.  The sentiment, "Mommy's Little Mess Maker" was printed out from my computer using the French Script Font size 16.  I added green, pink and cream colored pearls to the corners and that is my finished card.  This would be cute to use for a new baby card.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you check back for more projects with stamps  from http://katstamps.com/home.htm 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.