2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Saturday, January 4, 2014

New Kid on the Block--Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge Blog





Good Morning, y'all.  It's a super cold Saturday here in NE PA.  5 degrees.  We ran out of heating oil so we stayed at my MIL's house last night so I'm a bit late posting this today.  Our oil is coming today, but our pipes froze last night.  It's so cold here in our house that you can see your breath.  

This is my first post as a design team member for Open-minded Crafting Fun.  This is also our very first challenge ever.  We are a bi-weekly challenge blog and have some amazing sponsors lined up for this year.  

Our first challenge this year is a "New Technique/New Tool" challenge.  I'm sure quite a few of y'all received some new things for Christmas and can't wait to try them out.  Well, here's your chance.

We have four sponsors for this challenge. Our first sponsor is A Day for Daisies and the prize  for winning this first challenge is  3 images of your choice.

Second, we have Crafty Sentiments Design with a prize of 3 digital images of your choice.



Next is Eureka Stamps with a prize of 5 images of your choice.



And finally, we have Milk Coffee with a prize of 5 digital images of your choice.


So, let's get on with it.  I used an image from Milk Coffee called "Madeline with Retro Outfit".  I tried a new technique using watercolor pencils to make a striped background on watercolor paper.




Recipe:
Stamp: Milk Coffee digital image
Sentiment: stickers from my stash and my computer
Coloring Medium: Crayola Colored Pencils, Gamsol, Sakura Glitter Pens
Cardstock: Colorbok, Recollections
Paper: The Paper Studio, watercolor paper
Embellishments: button from my stash
Tools: Fiskars Trimmer, ATG Gun, glue dots, Spellbinders Classic Circles and Scalloped Circles

I hope y'all will check out our new challenge blog and maybe even create with some of those new tools and products you received for Christmas.  Have a wonderful Saturday and stay warm. :)  God bless y'all.

Challenges:
My Time to Craft--#229 Music or Movie Inspired--I used Austin Powers

11 comments:

  1. This is such a GORGEOUS card!!! I LOVE IT!! Absolutely fantastic :) Excited about our first challenge.. more excited about the team and you being a part of it!! So thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally adore the great background you have created!!! Love that sentiment as well with this image just perfect. I hope that your pipes are not a problem... what a bad time to miss oil!

    Thank you so much Emily for being part of our team!!! Hope you have lots of fun along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation! Thanks for inspiring me with your talent.
    So happy to be working with you on the Open-Minded Crafting Fun Design Team.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't she cute, Emily? And so beautifully colored. Terrific background for this fun, retro image! Going to love working with you on this team. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful colours for the retro girl, great to see it on the DT at Open Minded Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  6. Em, this is so Groovy! Love the background and design. Looking forward to working with you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the retro feel to this card! So happy to be working with you on the Open-Minded Crafting Fun Design Team.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card, the image and colours are fantastic x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how fun and funky this is, great colors and technique! I sure hope you get heat soon, I can't imagine being so cold in your house you can see your breath....yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this card its so bright and fun, reminds me of when i was young lol, looking forward to working alongside you on the team

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loove this card. Looks so fun! :D
    Glad having you on the team, Em :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.