2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Friday, September 20, 2013

QKR Stampede Friday

Happy Friday all.  Today I am taking Kierstynne to Roba's Farm for her Back to School Picnic.  We love Roba's.  They have a petting zoo where you can feed the animals.  They give each person an ice cream cone filled with pellets for the animals when you go in and the animals enjoy them.  But, the goats and llamas especially like the ice cream cone.  There is a hay ride, a pumpkin patch where you can pick your own pumpkin, lots of wooden "toy" for the kids to play on, a duck pond with ducks that will chase you for food, and pig races.  Those are a riot.  Some of the cutest little piggies and they all have celebrities names, like Jessica Hamson, Brad Pigsley, etc.  I love the pig races.  Then, the kids who home school with PAVCS get to spend time together, the parents get to mingle and it's such a great time.  When we get ready to leave, I use my coupon for 6 free apple cider donuts and buy a bag of kettle corn to take home.  My favorite part..lol

Now on to the fun stuff that you stopped by for.  This week at QKR Stampede, our challenge is "Flying High".  That translates to: Using balloons on your card.  I chose two digis from QKR to work with today.  Digi #13806 the Wizard Balloon Holder and Digi #11808 the Dragon Balloon.  The cool thing about the balloon holders is that all of their hands are curled like they are holding something, like a balloon.  You can find the entire collection of balloon holders HERE.

I printed out the images onto GP White card stock and colored them with my colored pencils.  I added some glitter gel pen to the wizard's stars and dots on his robe and the dragon's spots. I cut them out before adding them to the card.  I did use pop dots for the dragon balloon.  I used a piece of baker's twine for the string on the balloon.  The patterned paper is DCWV's Once Upon a Time collection.  I loved the purple and green together.  I have this office stamp that works great for birthday or anniversary cards because it has the months of the year going around the circle and lines so that you can write a message.  I added some Sakura gel pen to the outside circle and the message.

I sure hope y'all will join us this week at QKR Stampede.  The prize this week?  2 QKR images.  If you enter and use one of our images, you will get to pick 5 images.  And let me tell ya, there are some great images in the store.  I especially love the turtles!

Thanks so much for visiting.  Have a great day.  God bless y'all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.