2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Friday, September 13, 2013

Back to School with QKR Stampede

Woot!  Woot!  It's Friday!  Thank goodness.  It's been a long week for me.  Today I am taking my daughter to her first school outing for the year.  It's a back to school picnic at one of our local parks.  People tend to think that homeschool students aren't socialized enough.  Boy, do I have news for you.  We have tons of outings for the students to get together and spend time socializing.  Homeschool now a days is nothing like it used to be.  It has changed so much.  So, now I will get off my soap box about homeschooling and get to this week's challenge.

This week at QKR is "Back to School".  I know some kids have been back in school for about a month now, but it's still earlier enough to do this challenge.  I chose to use a quirky image to make my card.


This is a smaller card than what I usually make, it's only 4x4.  The image is called pulling hair.  Some days, Kierstynne looks like this when it's time for school to start.  I used papers from The Paper Studio and colored the image with colored pencils.  The black card stock is recollections.  I wrote the sentiment by hand.

I have to admit that it's not one of my better cards, but it's funny.  I hope to see some of you at QKR this week to  enter a card into the challenge.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope y'all enjoy your weekend.  God bless y'all.

Challenges:
Papertake Weekly--Child's Play
Cute Card Thursday--#286  Hip to be Square

3 comments:

  1. Great card! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed my visit with you!! I ♥ your creativity.

    I just had to "follow" you so not to miss anything! It would make me so happy if you would follow me too. :)

    Have a beautiful week!

    Lots of BIG Hugs,

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny card!

    Hugs
    Kim

    Please if you have some time visit my new site DigiDarlaDesigns.com

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.