2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Thursday, May 24, 2012

Vera Bradley Inspired Card


Hi peeps.  I have another card to show you today.  I received a special order for a birthday card this week.  The lady is buying her daughter a Vera Bradley cosmetic bag for her birthday and wanted a card especially for her.  So, I Googled Vera Bradley Since I am not a girly girl, I know absolutely nothing about purse designers.  The name of the bag is Island Bloom and I have to say, it is a beautiful bag.  Not so much for the style, but as a crafter, the design and color combinations.   So here is the bag..the aquas and lime greens I absolutely love.  The black outlined flowers really set it off.  Kinda tropical don'tcha think?


This is the front of the card.  The base is made with a K & Co prefolded gatefold card with a twist.
I received a pack of these cards from my Big Sis over on SCS.  Thanks Mary!  I used some papers from my stash and unfortunately, when I began scrapbooking back in 2004, I wasn't so concerned with keeping my paper lines seperate.  Now, I wish I had because I still have some papers from 2004 and have no idea which lines they belong to.  Yes, I know, I am a paper addict.  It's bad.  I actually have enough paper that even if I didn't buy anymore for probably 2 years I could still craft.  With the exception of my cardstock, I am set for patterned paper.  But dang it, there are just so many beautiful collections out there.  So, back to the card.  I tried to match up the patterns and colors on the Vera Bradley purse as close as I could.   I pulled a couple of sheets that had the green, black, and aqua together, but they didn't seem quite right.  So I decided on this cute lime green with white flowers, black with white outlined flowers, and a small aqua print.  It does have brown in it, but not enough of a difference with the black that it clashed.  I also used a lime green cardstock from my stash to mat the patterned paper on.  The sentiment was printed out on my computer using the Brushstroke font set at 24.  I had a slightly hard time getting the diamonds to match up, and they still weren't perfectly straight, but that's the fun of crafting, right.  Imperfections make it handmade.

The inside was done with a combination of the black and white and green and white patterned paper and black cardstock and green cardstock.  I layered them leaving 1/8th of an inch between each layer.  The sentiment for the inside came from a list compiled on SCS (Splitcoast Stampers).  It's a great list of sentiments for all occassions.  I printed it out on my computer and used the same Brushstroke font as the front sentiment, just in a smaller size.  I mounted it on aqua cs just like the front.  I added the flowers on the green panels from some I had in my stash..again, I have no idea where I got them or who they were made by.

So that's the card.  I hope you guys enjoyed it.  I know I had fun making it.  I am going to have to check out more of Vera's purses for more inspiration.  Whatcha think??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.