2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Saturday, May 19, 2012

Shabby Chic Birthday Card

Hi everyone.  I just wanted to show you guys a card that I made for a friend of mine for her birthday.  I am really diggin' this whole shabby chic thing.  I wanted to make a feminine card, but I am tired of pink.  I wanted something different and special because the person who received this card is special and unique.  So, here's what I did...

The card base is A2 size (5 1/2 x 4 1/4) and is Stampin' Up Very Vanilla.  I rounded all four corners.  The background patterned paper is from DCWV Heritage Collection.  I love this collection.  It has some fabulous images.  I didn't like the whole sheet because the pattern included a measuring tape stripe, so I used my trimmer and cut the paper to remove that strip and meshed the paper to get the pattern I wanted.  I then rounded the images and inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I took a piece of vellum and tore each side, inked it with Vintage Photo and attatched it to the left side.  I then added a piece of chocolate brown ribbon tied to the right side.  I used a birthday sentiment from Stampin' Up, inked the edges and attatched with a pop dot to the vellum.  I used a pearl spray from Michael's that I found in the bridal section.  The little fabric flowers are from AC Moore.  They have a little pearl attatched to the middle. I thought it turned out pretty cute.  I hope my friend thinks it's as special as she is.  Thanks for checking out my post.

Shabby Chic Birthday Card

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.