2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Holy Spirit Kool-Aid

Tonight was simply amazing at MCAOG.  The Spirit hit and hit hard.  The Spirit of Laughter filled the altar tonight.  If you didn't come get some, it's your own fault.  And if you don't know what the Spirit of Laughter is, let me know and I will be more than happy to explain it to you.    So on the way home, I decided to talk to Kierstynne about what happened at church.  I ask her if she had any questions and she said not really.  Then she pipes up and says, "Mom, what are you doing when you say those weird words?"  I explained to her that it's the Holy Spirit living in me praying through me to God.
"Do you know what you're saying?"
"No I don't Kierstynne.  It's my special prayer language with God.  I don't need to know because my Spirit knows."
"What's it like, Mom?"
"Well, it's pretty cool actually.  The Spirit fills me up and it overflows out.  Sometimes I cry, sometimes I laugh, like tonight.  It is an amazing feeling.  But our faith isn't based on our emotions.  Faith is something that you know, that you know, that you know.    Did you know that you could ask Jesus to fill you with the Holy Spirit right now and you could speak in tongues too?"
"Oh no, Mom, I would feel silly."
"I did too at first.  To my brain it didn't make sense and sounded stupid so I would stop myself from doing it.  When I finally stopped thinking about it and concentrated on Jesus instead, it started flowing like water."   "So, technically, Mom, being filled with the Holy Spirit is kinda like making Kool-aid."
Sitting in the car with the stupidest look on my face, I ask her what she meant.
"When we make Kool-aid, we fill the pitcher up with just plain water.  That's us without the Holy Spirit.  Just plain water.  Then we add the Kool-aid and it gives the water color and flavor.  That's us with the Holy Spirit."  I was stunned.  What a wonderful way to explain what happens to us when we received the Holy Spirit.  We have flavor and color in our lives that we didn't have before.  Holy Spirit Kool-aid.  I like it.  Out of the mouths of babes.
The Word calls us to be salt and light to the world.  Salt is flavorful.  As long as we have the Holy Spirit in our lives, we are flavorful.  But woe to anyone who decides that they don't want that flavor anymore.  I don't ever want to lose my flavor. 
We all have a choice.  We can chose to allow the Holy Spirit to lead our lives or we can chose to lead our lives ourselves.  I chose the latter for a time and it didn't turn out so well.  Having the Holy Spirit lead me gives me a protection and a purpose and a plan that I could not have come up with on my own.  Jeremiah 29:11 tells us that God has a perfect plan for our life.  A plan that will not harm us but prosper us.  God's plan gives us a hope and a future.   I could not have, nor did I, ever come up with a plan as good as God's plan for my life.  Thank You, LORD for Your perfect plan for my life.  Lead me in the paths that I should go all the days of my life.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.