2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Shabby Chic card

This was my first attempt at a shabby chic card.  I had been wanting to try this style because I fell in love with this type of look a while back.  I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out, but I really liked the outcome.  The cardbase is a beautiful shade of blue (but I don't remember the exact name) from Stampin' Up.  I cut a piece of patterned paper from DCWV to 4x5 1/4 and used it as my background paper.  I then pulled out my scrap box and found 5 cooridinating pieces.  I inked all the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  The one square that is sticking out to the right I balled up, straightened out and with a direct to paper technique added some walnut stain ink.  The image is called Small Paris and is from Hot Off the Press.  I inked it in Newspaper Brown.   I matted the image on the same blue as the cardbase.  I attatched them with ATG.  I added cream lace around the two blue roses from Prima.  The cream and pearl flower is from Recollections.  I added  some turquoise rhinestones from Recollections and three cream colored pearls, also from Recollections.  So, all in all, I think it turned out pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.