2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Update: Emily's Injured

Hey guys.  I know that many of you check in from time to time to visit me.  I have to tell you that I won't be posting for a while.  I fell on Thursday and whacked my head pretty hard off a dresser.  I thought I was ok, but the headache was progressing daily.  I woke up on Sunday with a headache that would kill a horse.  My husband took me to the urgent care site and after only 15 minutes, the doctor came in and said they couldn't see me.  I needed a CAT scan and they couldn't do that there.  I did have a concussion and they wanted to check for bleeding on my brain.

We headed to the ER  and 14 hours, a CAT scan, 4 MRIs, and two shots of morphine, they found out that I have cervical stenosis in my C4 and C5 vertebrae.  I am now in a cervical collar and have an appointment with the neurosurgeon tomorrow morning at 9:30.  There is a 98% chance that I have to have surgery on my neck to enlarge the opening in the vertebrae.

Cervical stenosis is a problem.  A major problem.  If I happen to hit my head or twist my neck the wrong way, I could end up as a quadreplegic.  I am not all about that.  So, I have to be very careful.  No lifting, twisting, bending over, or anything strenuous.  My daughter is such a good housekeeper at 8 years old, she is helping me out alot.  My husband took me to vote this morning and is taking me to the doctor in the morning.

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up so that you won't be worried if you don't see any posts for a few days.

Thought I would show you guys a pic of my new fashion accessory.  Cute ain't it.  LOL.  Thanks for stopping in and I will update you guys as soon as I know something.  God bless ya'll.

3 comments:

  1. OMG Emily - we will all be worrying like crazy about you! You are so sweet, please keep us posted as you can. I will be lifting you up in well wishes and prayers, my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Emily, how awful for you! I am so sorry to hear this. Please take good care of yourself!!! Let us know how things go too, please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily as you well know, my prayers are over you and I pray for healing and/or wisdom and direction to the doctors. I am so sorry you are having to go through this - you are too sweet to have to. God bless always! Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.