2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Friday, November 9, 2012

News

Hey eveyone,

I have an appointment with the endocrinologist on the 13th.  I requested to actually see Dr. Harris.  No PAs no diabetes educator, just Dr. Harris.  The last time I went, the diabetes educator told me to count carbs.  REALLY??  I have had diabetes for 13 years and your telling me to count carbs.  Lady, I can't carbs in my sleep.  Give me something that will help me.  Good grief.

I have my next appointment with the surgeon on Nov. 20th.  I did find out that my family doctor didn't feel comfortable with me having the surgery until we get my sugar down a little.  She said I could stroke out, have a heart attack, or numerous other issues.

So, the way I see things, God knows what He's doing.  He has this whole thing mapped out.  Maybe He is going to use me as a walking testimony of healing, maybe not.  Maybe someone that needs to attend to me during surgery wasn't going to be there today.  For whatever reason, God didn't want me having surgery today.  That's ok with me.  I will just keep trusting in Him and plodding along with my new blue and white fashionable collar. hehe.

I kinda over did it today.  I tried to do some dishes, a load of laundry, and cleaning off the kitchen table.  Yeah, I paid for it.  I had a severe headache and slept all afternoon.  I have to try and remember that I am not a superwoman.  I am not invincible.  I have to take it slow and be careful.

The biggest bummer of this whole thing is not being able to craft.  It's been 5 days since I last crafted and I'm going stark raving mad.  I miss it.  I have tons of cards to make, I am following along with Kathy at Paper Phenomenon making a 31 Days of Christmas Lapbook and that's on hold.  I need to craft something..I have to figure out a way to craft while in this collar.  Anyone have any good ideas?

I will keep you updated as things progress.  Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.  I truly appreciate them. God bless you all and have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily: I just had to comment on the diabetes thing. I'm 47 and have been diabetic for 42 years! I will never forget having arthroscopic surgery on my knee (day surgery) but because i was slow to wake up from the anaesthetic, they took me to emerg as day surgery was closing. A doctor came in and started talking to me about what I had to do to get pregnant (i.e. get blood sugars down). Note, i didn't ask him about getting pregnant; I wasn't trying to get pregnant; most importantly I didn't want to get pregnant and I had JUST had knee surgery!!!! i think he was just trying to show me what he knew about diabetes (not much!) While I totally understand they have reasons for wanting your blood sugars at a particular level, telling you to count carbs is not even remotely helpful - kind of like saying eating sugar will raise your blood sugar . . . duh!!!

    Anyway, just wanted to share because i totally get the 'box' they put us in. I can write books on counting carbs too! I have been on an insulin pump for almost 4 years now and that has changed my world . . . and I still count carbs!! From a fellow diabetic - I feel your pain :-) Sending hugs for all to go as it's supposed to! Charlene (crystaldolphins)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.