2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Saturday, October 15, 2011

A New Realization

Today I experienced a bittersweet moment.  Today I realized that my baby girl is starting to notice boys.  She's only 7, but going on 27.  She is way too smart for her own good.  So, today I realize that I need to make her wear blinders when we go out in public.  Here's the situation...

Tim and the men have gone to Maryland for their Honor Bound, so I decided to take Kierstynne out for chinese.   So, on the way home, we stop at Sheetz to get a drink.  As we are standing in line, the door opens and in walks this body builder.  Now, slow down, don't get ahead of me....I have to say that he was very nice looking.  He wasn't so ripped that his veins were popping, but he was very nicely defined.  He was wearing a t-back tank top and shorts.  Nice calf muscles too by the way.  Anyway..as we are standing there in line, after I saw him, I glanced down at Kierstynne and her eyes were bugging out of her head.  I stared at her to see what she was going to do, and as he proceeded to walk between the person in front of us and us, I watched Kierstynne's eyes follow this man and she never moved her head.  LOL.  I lost it...I laughed until I thought I would pee my britches.  She got mad and stomped her foot and demanded to know what I was laughing at.  I was laughing so hard, I couldn't tell her.  I know everyone in Sheetz thought I was high or had lost my mind.  But to see my 7 year old daughter try and be nonchalant about watching a goodlooking man walk by was hilarious. 

I don't think that she was actually looking at him in a lustful sort of way because she doesn't understand lust..at least I think she doesn't.  I think she was just amazed at how big his biceps and pecs were.  She did tell me that his arms were bigger than her head and that if her daddy had muscles that big, he could pick her up with one arm.  If her daddy had muscles like that, suffice it to say that he would never been seen again..

So, now I must be diligent in my observations of my daughter when we are out in public.  At least she knew enough not to let her jaw fall open..:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.