2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Saturday, October 1, 2011

Em's Thoughts on Today

Today was a good day.  Kierstynne had a birthday party at the Wilkes-Barre YMCA and after driving around the same block 3 times, we finally found it.  There is no sign out front of the building so I had to ask a lady walking down Northhampton St. where the dang thing was.  But, we made it.  Kierstynne got to go swimming and have a  nice blessing her friend, Emma, at her party.

Tim and I got to got out for date night tonight.  We dropped Kierstynne off at Grandma Mary Kay's and went to Quaker Steak and Lube for dinner.  It was nice, fairly quiet and delicious.  We talked, as much as Tim ever talks, and just relaxed and enjoyed each others company.  I love the Loaded Baked Potato Soup there.  It is so very yummy.

But most of all, it was a good day because I put God first in my day.  When I awoke this morning, I awoke with a song in my heart.  For a little over three weeks now this has been happening.  I always wondered what people meant when the said they woke up singing their heart song.  Well, I don't actually wake up singing.  I wouldn't want the dog to start howling, but in my head and my heart I am singing.  Most days it is a different song.  Some days it's the same song as the day before.  But the miracle is that it is happening.  The joy of the Lord is my strength.  I can do nothing on my own, but through Jesus Christ, I can do ALL things.

As we were driving to dinner, I was telling Tim about the sales that AC Moore is having.  I told him that it never fails that when I don't have any money, they run killer sales on scrapbooking products.  My sweet husband, who is usually so pessamistic, says to me, "Well, that is your test.  You are being tested to see if you are going to do what you are supposed to do."  Thanks Tim.  Thank you for reminding that it isn't going to be easy to fight my flesh on this whole money deal.  Especially when there are some scrapbooking items I need to finish the Christmas presents I am making.  But, I know that God is good and He will see me through to the end of this addiction to spending money.  I know that God will strengthen me to stay away from the stores.  I thank Him for providing me with those little reminders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.